Terms and Conditions
Bookings and Payments:
A £250 deposit is required within 7 days from a verbal or emailed booking.
Once the deposit has been received, we will confirm the booking and your holiday stay is secure.
The balance is to be paid by bank transfer 30 days prior to your visit.
We are aware that cancellations are often unavoidable.
Cancellations more than 30 days before date of arrival - Full deposit refund.
Cancellations within 30 days of arrival and we are unable to re-let the cottage the deposit is non-refundable.
Non cancellation or "No show" the total balance is payable.
May we respectfully remind you that a holiday booking is a legally binding contract whether you book by telephone, e-mail or in writing. If you cancel, you are still liable to pay, so it is a wise precaution to arrange a Holiday Cancellation Package.
A £250.00 deposit is required within 7 days from a verbal or emailed booking.
Thereafter, 50% of rental is due 60 days prior to arrival and the remainder 30 days prior to arrival. For cancellations that are more than 60 days before date of arrival, a full deposit refund will be provided. For cancellations within 30 days of arrival and we are unable to re-let the cottage the deposit and 50% of rental are non-refundable. We strongly advise to subscribe to a holiday rental insurance scheme.
Bookings made within four weeks of your visit require full payment within 7 days.
Please leave the cottage as you found it.
Candles, oil/gas lamps & Fireworks:
Are not permitted in the Garden House, garden or indeed anywhere on the estate. This is after due consideration of the possible risks to safety of people, animals, fabrics, furniture, stored combustibles, vehicles, thatched (and other) buildings. We suggest you bring a torch; one is provided in the cottage for emergencies only; if used unnecessarily the batteries could be flat in the emergency!
Is not permitted in the cottage.
Dogs and other household pets are not allowed in the property or on the Medland Manor estate.
- The pool is for the use of Garden House holiday rental guests (not their visitors).
- This area has no lifeguard, it is a self-regulated site and it is therefore vital that all users read and understand the following guidelines so everybody can enjoy the swimming pool safely.
- All users are required to use the facilities in a proper and reasonable manner, we reserve the right to ban any users. We ask that all users follow the rules set out below.
- Children (under 18 years) must be supervised by a parent/guardian (over 21 years).
- Pool is used strictly at users own risk and liability.
- Never let people into the pool area who are not in your party.
- No diving and No running.
- No glass to be brought on the outside deck.
- Infants must wear aqua nappies suitable for pool use and must not be disposed of properly.
- Swimmers must provide their own towels - not use the bathroom towels.
- Personal property is left at owner's own risk.
- Plasters are to be removed before entering the pool.
- Bathers complaining or ear ache or sore throats should not swim.
- All areas used are to be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Nobody with a verruca should swim unless wearing a verruca sock.
- Please remove any jewelery such as earrings, necklaces, bracelets or rings that may cause injury, damage the pool or filter system.
- We reserve the right to close the pool for maintenance purposes, amend the rules, fees, terms and conditions at any time as is required.
Heating and Electricity
Electricity and Heating is included in the rental. This property has underfloor heating throughout. There is an electric fireplace in the sitting room.
Groceries from Waitrose and Sainsbury can be delivered to the property with prior arrangement with rental coordinator. Essential spices and oils and vinegar are provided.
Linens and Towels
Bed linens, bath mats and bathroom towels are provided free of charge. Pool towels can be provided at an extra charge.
Parking is in front of the property through private access.
Babysitting, a Cot, and a High chair and a can all be arranged with prior notice.
Smoking is NOT ALLOWED in the property.
Accessibility is good for those with mobility problems as property is all on ground floor and the Master bedroom has wet-room/walk- in shower.